March 16, 2009
Forsman running for Mount Pleasant clerk/treasurer
Kim Forsman is challenging incumbent Juliet Edmands for Mount Pleasant clerk/treasurer in the April 7 spring elections.
Forsman is running on these issues:
1. The village's election process needs to be more efficient.
2. The village's records Management system is broken, important records are lost.
3. Village records don't seem to be open.
4. Customer service needs to be a priority.
If elected, Forsman said she would develop and document processes and procedures for records management, the election process and customer service by:
1. Streamlining the election process to make it more efficient.
2. Utilizing technology already in place to publish and maintain records, making it easier for residents to locate the information needed.
3. Developing and documenting processes so records don't get lost.
4. Developing and documenting procedures to save time locating records by utilizing technology already in place.
5. Working with the County Clerk and Village/City Clerks within Racine County and the State of Wisconsin.
6. Working with the County Treasurer.
7. Creating a welcoming atmosphere. "We are here to serve."
8. Using her gifts and talents to help people.
Forsman is a life-long Racine resident who has lived in Mount Pleasant for the last 13 years. She has an associates degree in business management. She is married and has two children.
For more information about Forsman's campaign: visit http://www.forsman4clerktreasurer.com