September 14, 2010

Turner declares victory in Racine Assembly primary

State Rep. Bob Turner, D-Racine, released the following statement after gaining the Democratic nomination to serve the people of the 61st Assembly District:

“I am so humbled by the outpouring of support from the great people of Racine. Whether you are my friend, neighbor, supporter, or just want to bring Racine back to its roots, I am so grateful to all of you, and am honored to have the chance to serve you again.
I want to first thank my wife Gloria for the time she puts in and the time she allows me to put into my campaign. Her and my three sons have been by my side since I first ran for State Assembly, and I am thankful for them every day.  I also want to thank the great volunteers that helped me have face-to-face conversations with voters. Without them, none of this would have been possible. 
I also would like to recognize my opponent Jim Dematthew for his willingness to serve this district. I know that he shares a great concern for this district just as I do, and I look forward to working with him in the future to fight for hard working families.
Tonight we made a big step forward in our campaign and in the next seven weeks, I will continue to talk to voters about their concerns facing Racine.  While Republicans want to continue to help Wall Street and not Main Street, I will continue to work to make sure working families have a voice. We need to elect good democrats this fall to ensure that middle class families come first, and so we do not go back to the failed policies of the Bush administration.
I will continue to make bringing good paying, family supporting jobs to Racine my top priority. I will not stop until we bring Racine back to its roots. I believe my experience mixed with the new ideas I have, makes me the most qualified candidate to serve Racine. I look forward to continuing to earn your trust and work for you on November 2nd.” 
Bob Turner represents the 61st Assembly District in the Wisconsin State Legislature, where he has served for more than 20 years. Turner also served for nearly three decades on the Racine City Council, as well as numerous local boards and committees. The general election will be held on November 2nd.



Get more Post! Follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Want to advertise? Learn how!

1 comment:

  1. Bob turner is a good man - and always tries to do what is best for the people he represents.

    ReplyDelete