- Lots of great local events like the volleyball tournament, triathlon, Hot Rod Power Tour, Great Lakes Beer Fest bringing people into the community.
- Farmer's markets, urban garden at Park High, and creation of "Eat Right Racine" and "Neighborhood Walk" programs
- Horlick High basketball making the state finals.
- Fourth of July parade and Post Prom's continued success
MitchellMcKinley Middle School kids win national documentary film awards
- Relay for Life
- E3 jobs program for young adults interested in green jobs
- Work on expanding I-94 started
- REC Center on the Root River in Racine.
- North Beach wins national beach award - again.
July 28, 2009
Good things in the past year ...
A local business wrote us this morning asking for "good things" that have happened in Racine and Racine County in the past year. Here's the list I sent her back off the top of my head ...