Law enforcement officers accompanied volunteers on all Compliance Checks. Local law enforcement agencies that conducted the checks include the Racine County Sheriff’s Dept., Village of Sturtevant Police Dept., City of Burlington Police Dept., and Town of Burlington Police Dept.
The Racine County Sheriff’s Department completed two rounds of checks between August 30, 2010 and September 22, 2010. Out of the 85 stores checked, the following five stores failed.
- Dover Food Mart, 2010 N. Raynor St., Dover
- Pick n’ Save, 5111 Douglas Ave., Caledonia
- Raceway Mart, 1645 Main St., Union Grove
- Raceway Food Mart, 22930 Durand Ave., Kansasville
- Seven Mile Station, 911 27th St., Caledonia
- Quick mart, 656 McHenry St., Burlington
- Gooseberries, 690 W. State St., Burlington
- Burlington Food & Fuel, 416 Milwaukee Ave., Burlington
- Rice’s Liquor, 681 Milwaukee Ave., Burlington
- Super Macado, 116 W. Chestnut St., Burlington
- Beachview Grocery Store, 33225 S. Lakeshore Dr., Burlington
- Al’s Little Country Store, 30411 Durand Ave., Burlington
Get more Post! Follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Want to advertise? Learn how!