The city issued eight occupancy permits in April for new businesses. The permits included:
* The Pit BBQ carryout restaurant at 1215 DeKoven Ave. The restaurant, former home to BBQ Time, is owned by Loren Buirge.
* Edward Guss is opening a repair garage on at 2513 Fergus Ave.
* Ricos Value City at 1817 State St. The store is owned by Yailin Felliciano.
* Gold Horizon Second Hand Jewelry at 5502 Durand Ave. The store owner is Omar Canpolat.
* 3rd Coast Bicycles at 246 Main St. The bike rental shop is owned by Donald Heckel.
* Silver Choice and Name Buckles Second Hand Jewelry at 5502 Durand Ave. The story is owned by Ahmad Khan.
* Byron Graves Photography at 1503 Washington Ave. The business is owned by Byron Graves.
* Tradewinds Bar and Banquet Hall at 1518 Washington Ave. the business is owned by Gary De Pelecyn.
All permits cost $200, except for Canpolat's, which cost $100.