We do our best to track traffic to RacinePost to gauge interest in stories and the site in general. Checking in with Google Analytics this morning, there are some cool stats about the site:
* In the last month, we've had visitors from 46 of the 50 states to our main page. The holdouts include: West Virginia, Vermont, Maine and Wyoming.
* We had 118 visitors from Europe, 49 from Asia, 3 from Africa and one from Australia.
* We had 31 visitors from Sweden, 33 from the UK and 34 from Germany.
* The three African visits came from Egypt.
* 30 visitors clicked on the site from Japan.
* Of course, Wisconsin was the main source of visits with just under 50,000 visits in the past month. About 35,000 of the visitors came from Racine County to the main page.
* Overall, we had about 55,000 visits to RacinePost's front page in the past month with visitors loading the page 150,000 times.
These numbers don't include traffic to our three blogs (news.racinepost.com, obits.racinepost.com and kiosk.racinepost.com), which more than double our traffic and bring in even more visitors from around the country and the world.
It's pretty cool to see how one little website can span the globe. Amazing times we're living in ...