As part of the I-94 North-South Freeway project, the Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is reconstructing the County G bridge at I-94.
Work to demolish the County G bridge is scheduled to begin the week of July 6 during nighttime hours. This work will create noise, dust and some vibrations while the bridge is being demolished. Additional lighting will brought on-site and the contractor will utilize dust control measures.
For safety reasons, full-freeway closures will be used on I-94 at County G during the demolition.
Other scheduled closures near County G that will occur include:
- alternating East and West frontage roads (one frontage road open at all times) through Fall 2009
- County G roadway between East and West frontage roads through December 2009
- long-term closure of County G northbound entrance/exit ramps through • Fall 2010
- long-term single lane closure on I-94 West (NB) throughout 2009 & 2010 construction seasons
- long-term single lane closure on I-94 East (SB) throughout 2009 & 2010 construction seasons
July 6, 2009
Work begins to demolish the Highway G bridge at I-94
I-94 at Highway G is tied up now while construction workers demolish and rebuild the overpass as part of the interstate expansion project. Here's a press release from WisDOT (click here for the project website):