Community for Change is bringing the national health care debate down to the local level Sunday with a public forum on the controversial issue.
The "Community Conversation on Health Care Reform: Expo and Forum" will take place from 1-4 p.m. at Racine’s Masonic Center, 1012 S. Main St.
The event will feature an expo in the main ballroom of approximately 40 health care organizations and businesses that will have displays and representatives highlighting their services. Some of the organizations who will be in attendance include:
- Lincoln Lutheran Home
- Health Care Network
- Racine Community Health Center
- Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC) of Racine County
- Racine Health Department Programs
- Medical Support Services
- Kenosha Community Health Center
- Racine County Wisconsin Well Women Program
- Racine County Birth to 3 Program
- Linda Stengel and Arthur Shattuck on Alternative Medical Practices
The afternoon will conclude with a special presentation at 3pm in the Doric Room by:
- Wisconsin State Representative Cory Mason
- Barb Tylenda, Director of Health Care Network
- Ron Thomas of the United Way and AFL‐CIO
- Pastor Melvin Hargrove of Zoë Outreach Ministries
This event is free and open to the public. For more information please contact Community for Change at www.communityforchange.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Community for Change is a comprehensive coalition of grassroots organizations committed to promoting HOPE, ACTION and CHANGE in our world and within our community.
In partnership with Organizing for America, the members of Community for Change work together to coordinate information and resources relevant to issues of public policy, grassroots organizing and electoral politics that directly benefit our community and enhance the lives of its residents.