Update: See the results of my analysis below. It's not pretty.
Original: As we wait for the results, make a guess on the candidates' order. Post your guess in the comments below. If anyone gets it exactly right, send me an email and I'll buy you a coffee.
Here's a few things to consider as we wait for results tonight ...
* In 2003, the city's last competitive mayoral race, 13,481 people voted. Becker won the race with 6,076 votes.
* Who knows where turnout will be today, but if it's roughly 13,000 voters that would be about 1,200 votes per candidate if evenly distributed. Let's assume every candidate is guarantee 250 votes, just from their core group of supporters. That leaves 10,250 voters up for grabs. Taking a quarter of those votes - roughly 2,500 - probably means a candidate is advancing to the next round.
False. 9,991 people voted Tuesday for a city turnout rate of 13 percent. Nobody topped 2,400 votes and the bottom three candidates failed to get 250 votes.
* So, in short, if anyone cracks 2,800 votes they're probably moving on to the general election.
Accurate, but too high. Number should have been 2,300.
* Of course, that's assuming an even race with multiple candidates stealing votes from each other. It'll be interesting to see if a handful of candidates pulled away from the pack in the campaign.
They did. Dickert and Turner totaled 40 percent of the event. The other nine split the remaining 60 percent.
* I'm guessing we'll start seeing results between 9:30 and 10 p.m., but it could be earlier if turnout is light.
JT had the first results up at 9 p.m. Great job to the 212 Fourth St. folks for their nifty web results tonight.
* We'll post results in all area races as we get them. You can also check for yourself at the Racine County Clerk's website.
* My guess on the order after the polls close ...
OK, never got to those, but let's assume I had it perfectly right.
Good luck on your guesses!