- Racine 1st District Alderman Jeff Coe easily defeated his nemesis, Keith Fair, 267 to 182
- Racine 3rd District Alderman Michael D. Shields beat John Guion, 231 to 183.
- Racine District 9 Alderman Terry McCarthy beat Christian C. De Jong, 506 to 114.
- Racine District 11 Alderman, and unsuccessful mayoral candidate Greg Helding, beat a write-in attempt by Gloria Rogers, 474 to 51.
- Racine District 15 Alderman Robert Mozol defeated William J. Leverson, 650 to 248.
Former State Sen. Kimberly Plache, who withdrew from the Racine Unified School Board race to run unsuccessfully for mayor, woulda/coulda won a seat. She actually came in third in the five-person race, with 7,747 votes, despite dropping out too late to get off the ballot -- "If I didn't have to die to get my name off the ballot, I'd take it off," she said at the time she announced for mayor -- all for nought. She did not campaign for the school board seat and said she would resign if she finished in the top three. So, taking her at her word...
Incumbents Don J. Nielson and Gretchen L. Warner led the field, with 9,550 and 8,440 respectively. With Plache out of the picture, fourth place is good for a board seat, and was won by former board member Stella A. Young, with 7,041 votes. Last was John Leiber, with 6,176.
Now, does Plache have to stand by her word? She was certainly recruited to run for the School Board in the first place ... We're waiting to hear from the School Board how it plans to proceed.
MOUNT PLEASANT VILLAGE CLERK/TREASURER
Incumbent Juliet Edmands defeated Kim Forsman, 2,068 to 1,313.
NORTH BAY TRUSTEE/CONSTABLE
Roger Mellem defeated Glenn Knudsen 73-48. We're told this was a very active campaign in the final stretch, and it deserved mention.