And so it is at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside, where the second crop of chancellor finalists was named today, to replace Jack Keating who retired last August after leading the campus for 10 years.
UW-P watchers may recall -- Parkside's announcement doesn't mention it at all -- that the previous search concluded last June camethisclose to installing a new chancellor just one week before a federal criminal probe sent the university's choice packing. He awaits trial on multiple theft and fraud charges. The gory details are HERE.
Now 10 months after Robert Felner's sudden withdrawal, here we go again, with a new search committee naming five new finalists and scheduling campus visits for them.
- John Folkins, Professor, Communication Disorders, College of Health and Human Services, Bowling Green State University: April 21-23
- Thomas Keon, Dean, College of Business Administration, University of Central Florida: April 26-28
- Deborah Ford, Vice President of Student Affairs, University of West Florida: April 28-30
- Elizabeth Langland,University Vice President and Dean, New College of Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences, Arizona State University at the West campus: May 3-5
- James Williams, Dean, Seidman College of Business, Grand Valley State University: May 5-7
Pictures of each finalist and links to their curriculum vitae are here, (Let the Googling begin!), along with their detailed campus itinerary.
The 19-member search, chaired by UW-Parkside Professor Greg Mayer, recommended the finalists to University of Wisconsin System President Kevin Reilly and a committee of the UW System Board of Regents.
Reilly and the Regents committee will interview the finalists in Madison on May 19. The final appointment of a new chancellor must be confirmed by the full Board of Regents. I'm guessing they're gonna be verrry careful.