October 5, 2007

Silence on Pointe Blue

Four days of asking around, and not a single word to report on the alleged $200 million Pointe Blue development in Downtown Racine. I say "alleged" because it sure seems like this thing is going to fall through. If it was closer to done, wouldn't someone be willing to say something along the lines of, "We're close, it's just paperwork, details, etc., etc. ..."

No one is saying anything. I've called and emailed the developer, Scott Fergus. I've called and emailed Mayor Becker. I've called the director of city development. I've checked in with city aldermen. The closest thing to any sort of comment I've received was from someone close to the negotiations who said on the phone, "If no one is saying anything, maybe they don't want to say anything." Click.

So the project that was a done deal in April is, obviously, far from a done deal. The question now seems to be: Is Pointe Blue dead?

You'll know when I know.

3 comments:

  1. I have a few question I would like to have asked like do any city leaders have a vested interest in the project I.E. invested.
    What happend to the State of Wiscionsin Grant for Brownfield repair

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only a guess but.......Their funding was probably based on how many units could be pre-sold. With today's housing market and possible issues with the size of the project has put a chill on things. No one is talking because there is still a very slight chance they may sell some units. Saying there are issues would probably kill the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And not saying anything build so much good faith.
    Also would not the first thing to do is BUY the land?

    ReplyDelete