August 3, 2008

Doggie Happy Hour welcomes you and your pets

And now, a word from the dog of the house:
"Oh, sure, you call me man's best friend, but when you go out to dinner, or for a drink, do you take me along?

"No, Grrrrr, you leave me locked in the bathroom! And you put the seat cover down, too. What if I get thirsty?

"Well, here's your chance to make it up to me. The really good dog owners take their pets to the Doggie Happy Hour at the Friki Tiki outdoor bar on Monday nights from 3 to 7 p.m. It's alongside the Chancery Restaurant, overlooking the marina. While you eat, they'll serve me some free milk bones. Servers even bring a water bowl for every dog (yes, even for cats!), and for those of us who prefer "people food," there's a choice of a boneless chicken breast or a hamburger pattie. Yum!

"I hear that the idea for Doggie Happy Hour came from one of the servers, who lived in Washington, DC, where dogs are allowed in many places. And you said nothing good ever came from Washington!

"So what do you say? Let's go out and have some fun and let me meet some of my friends for dinner, too. It's a great night out for both large and small dogs, and we all promise to be on our best behavior.

"Or do I have to do a number on your slippers again, when you least expect it? Just sayin'. "

No comments:

Post a Comment