October 10, 2007

Late tax payments increase 5.8 percent in Racine

A Milwaukee J-S article today reported massive increases in delinquent property taxes throughout SE Wisconsin. The reason: the crisis in adjustable rate mortgages coming due. The real surprise in the story is that it's the affluent communities that seem to be getting hit hardest. Shorewood, Fox Point and Bayside all saw a 50 percent increase or more in delinquent taxes, even with median incomes well above the national average.

The article sent me looking for Racine and Racine County's rates. The Racine County treasurer is out of town, so those numbers won't be available until next week. But the city saw a relatively modest 5.8 percent increase in delinquent taxes over the 2005 tax year. That translates to 2,615 late-payers in the city, up from 2,471 last year, and $2.36 million in unpaid taxes.

The J-S interviewed finance experts and concluded:
Much of the blame has been levied on the mortgage crisis, in which a proliferation of nontraditional mortgages and predatory lending practices over the last two years have put many buyers - even those in higher income brackets - in over their heads.
In Racine County, delinquencies increased 18 percent countywide - three times more than the city's delinquency rate. Waukesha County saw a 12 percent increase in late taxes this year, and Ozaukee County recorded a 30 percent increase.

City property taxes are paid in quarters. The last quarter for the 2006 tax year ended on July 31. All late bills are turned over to the Racine County Treasurer for collection.

4 comments:

  1. Good day !.
    might , probably very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
    There is no need to invest much at first. You may commense to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

    AimTrust is what you need
    The firm incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

    It is based in Panama with structures around the world.
    Do you want to become really rich in short time?
    That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!

    I feel good, I began to take up income with the help of this company,
    and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a correct companion who uses your money in a right way - that`s it!.
    I take now up to 2G every day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
    It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://isanyrow.greatnow.com/uwojut.html
    and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to get rid of nastiness of the life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    You may probably be very curious to know how one can make real money on investments.
    There is no initial capital needed.
    You may commense earning with a money that usually goes
    for daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
    I have been participating in one project for several years,
    and I'll be glad to share my secrets at my blog.

    Please visit blog and send me private message to get the info.

    P.S. I make 1000-2000 per daily now.

    [url=http://theblogmoney.com] Online investment blog[/url]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello everyone!
    I would like to burn a theme at this forum. There is such a nicey, called HYIP, or High Yield Investment Program. It reminds of ponzy-like structure, but in rare cases one may happen to meet a company that really pays up to 2% daily not on invested money, but from real profits.

    For quite a long time, I make money with the help of these programs.
    I don't have problems with money now, but there are heights that must be conquered . I get now up to 2G a day , and my first investment was 500 dollars only.
    Right now, I'm very close at catching at last a guaranteed variant to make a sharp rise . Visit my web site to get additional info.

    [url=http://theinvestblog.com] Online investment blog[/url]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good day, sun shines!
    There have been times of troubles when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
    I have never thought that there weren't any need in large initial investment.
    Nowadays, I feel good, I started take up real money.
    It gets down to select a correct companion who uses your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, parts and divides the profit with me.

    You may ask, if there are such firms? I have to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
    http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

    ReplyDelete